Simple Enchiladas Verdes recipe with homemade roasted tomatillo sauce plus chicken, tortilas and cheese.
For the Roasted Tomatillo Sauce:
- 15 medium-sized tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 jalapeno peppers, ribs and seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh packed cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt to taste
For the Enchiladas Verdes:
- 10 or so 8-inch tortillas – corn or flour will work
- 12 ounces shredded cheese – Pepper Jack or Monterrey Jack are my favorites
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
- additional mix-ins like sautéed mushrooms, white beans, spinach, or whatever is striking your fancy
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!