Best Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps recipe you must try. This recipe an easy low carb alternative to traditional tacos, are super flavorful and take less than 20 minutes to make! Delicious spices and all your favorite Mexican toppings.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder (preferably 2 tsp regular chili powder and 1 tsp ancho chili powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Iceberg or Romain lettuce leaves , doubled up, for serving
- Shredded Mexican cheese , diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, light sour cream, for serving
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced. Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.
Recipe source: filling loosely adapted from Cooks Illustrated
Tips and Tricks For Making Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- You can make the filling in advance and store it in the fridge or freezer (minus the toppings).
- You could also try using ground chicken instead of turkey.
- If you like your food a little spicier try adding hot sauce, more chili powder or red pepper flakes.
- If you can’t find Romaine lettuce then iceberg lettuce will work well.
- Toppings not included in nutrition.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!